Resolutions of the Meeting of Principal Officers with Deans, Directors and Heads of Departments Held on Friday, 28th July, 2017 at the Senate Chamber
In view of the enormous challenges confronting the University, it has become imperative to strengthen measures towards ensuring that students pay their school fees promptly and are registered accordingly.
2) Consequently, Principal Officers, Deans, Directors and Heads of Departments met with a view to come up with measures that would streamline the processes of payment of school fees and registration of students.
3) The issue of non-registration of students in the University has assumed an unacceptable level and urgent measures have to be taken to redress this matter.
4) All Deans and Heads of Department are aware that it is mandatory for all students in the University to register before they can assess University facilities including; attendance to lectures, writing continuous assessment/ semester examinations, signing of scholarship forms etc.
5) As a result of security challenges and other burning issues being experienced in the University, all Deans, Directors and Heads of Departments resolved to take the following measures in order to ensure that students register in their faculties and Departments.
6) Towards this end, Principal Officers, Deans, Directors and Heads of Departments unanimously resolved that the following steps should strictly be adhered to by all students before commencement of their continuous assessment and examinations:
Registration of Students at the University
- All students must register online and submit one of their registration forms for proper documentation in the Faculty and Department.
- Deans and Heads of Department should ensure that only registered students are attended to with regards to the signing of scholarship forms, referees reports, deferment of studies etc.
- Attendance list based on registered students’ list prepared by the ICT Unit of the University should be used for all continuous assessment. Only students who register at the time of the continuous assessment should have their results processed. All scripts for continuous assessment should be graded and returned to students.
- Attendance list comprising of only registered students should be printed for purpose of examination. Only students who register should have their results processed for consideration by Senate Business Committee.
- Examination cards of registered students should be endorsed by the Head of Department or staff designated by him for verification in the examination halls.
- A list of registered students for each course should be displayed at least a week to examination for students to see. It should be clearly made known to all students that only registered students will participate in University activities.
- For purpose of Departmental, Faculty and University wide elections, only registered students should vote or be voted for.
- Library facilities should be accessed by only registered students.
- Henceforth, the Directorate of ICT is solely responsible for the printing of Examination Cards which shall be distributed at no cost to all students through the Departments.
Communications from Deans, Directors and Heads of Departments
The Vice-Chancellor enjoined all Deans, Directors and Heads of Departments to ensure that request for funds for conferences are made on time and not a few days to the conferences.
Recommendations by Heads of Departments
The Vice-Chancellor directed that all Heads of Department must provide genuine justification for accepting or allowing staff to come in or go out on sabbatical or visiting appointments.
The above resolutions and directives are hereby convey to you for implementation and compliance.
Mrs. Cathering Terlumun Bur